The Drug Treatment Centre Board/FAS Counsellor Work Placement Programme
Applications are invited from individuals who are in the process of becoming a professionally qualified, accredited counsellor and who are currently seeking work experience. We are currently accepting applications for the above Counsellor Work Placement Programme for a period of 9 months.
- Be working towards a Counselling Accreditation with IACP/IAAAC.
- Be engaged with an external clinical supervisor during the period of their placement
Participants will gain experience in:
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, providing a comprehensive counselling service to drug users, spouses, families and concerned persons.
- Assessing clients, spouses and concerned persons
- Implementing and facilitating of appropriate treatment strategies
- Participating in clinical supervision arrangements
- Liaising with GP's, other primary health care staff and other appropriate personnel
- Referrals to appropriate treatment facilities
- Referrals to self help groups
- Notifying of any suspected child abuse to Team Consultant
For further information please contact Ms. Lorraine Shannon, Human Resources Officer (01-6488753) or email firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information please also refer to www.addictionireland.ie or www.fas.ie .
Should you be interested in being considered for the above placement, please submit your Curriculum Vitae to the following address or by email to email@example.com no later than 5pm on Friday, 18th November 2011:
The Drug Treatment Centre Board
Human Resources Department
30-31 Pearse Street
Tel: (01 6488753 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.addictionireland.ie